The ‘Questions’ tab will allow you to customize the questions input fields on the “chat request form”.
On the Chat Request Form, you can choose to display multiple input fields for your visitor to fill out before the chat session is initiated. (For Ex: name, phone number, email…).
There are three sections to the questions tab.
- Question Type: From the dropdown menu, you can choose to create a Text box, Check Box, or Radio Buttons.
- Prompt: This will be the title of the created input field. (For ex: Name, Phone Number, Email…) The title will display as ghost writing inside of the field and will disappear as your visitor begins filling out that field.
- Require Answer: This option will require the web visitor to fill in this field before the chat request is sent. Place a checkmark in the check box to require an answer for this input field. ***Note: If no checkmark is placed in this box, then your field will be optional and your visitor will not be required to fill it out.
- Validation Prompt: This option will display only if the “Require Answer” checkbox is checked. This will be the error that will display if your visitor does not fill out that input field. (For ex: Please enter a valid phone number).
- Validation Type: This option will display only if the “Require Answer” checkbox is checked. From the dropdown menu you can choose how to validate your input field.
- Any Text: This option will validate an input field based off any text entered into that field. If the input field is missing any text, then the visitor will receive the “Validation Prompt”.
- Email Address: This option will validate the input field based off the “@” symbol and the period “.” of an email address. (For ex: firstname.lastname@example.org). If these elements are missing from the input field, then the visitor will receive the “Validation Prompt”.
- Phone Number: This option will validate an input field based off a total of 10 numeric numbers entered that field. (For ex: 5555555555 or 555-555-5555 or 555.555.5555 or (555) 555-5555). If 10 numeric digits are missing from the input field, then the visitor will receive the “Validation Prompt”. *** Note: If you would like to validate an international number that requires more numbers, then you will need to use the “Custom Regex” option.
- Custom Regex: Regex it a way to define (if or not) a particular string matches a particular pattern. If you need to validate a particular element, symbol, or pattern you can do it here.
When you are finished creating a Question, click the “Save” button. Your Question will save and the popup window will close. You will now see your created question in the preview window pane. You can click “Cancel” at any time to go back to the Admin Dashboard.