One of the features of Skype for Business (Lync) is Federation – which is the ability to connect and communicate with Skype for Business (Lync) users in other organizations. You can let people that are using Skype for Business contact Skype for Business users from outside your organization and add them to their list of Skype for Business contacts. After they add them to their contact list, they can see if they are online and IM with them, hold meetings and share desktops.
Sometime in O365 Skype for Business is blocked for external communication. You would need to have open federation with our organization. To learn more about federation you can find this information on the Skype for Business website: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Users-can-contact-external-Skype-for-Business-users-b414873a-0059-4cd5-aea1-e5d0857dbc94
If you are having trouble receiving presences for your users, you might have a problem with your federation settings. This blog will show you how to properly set up federation so that your agents can communicate to their anonymous outside users.
! Please Note:
In order for WebChat to allow your agents / users to receive incoming chat invites, they need to be subscribed to presence.
If you are using Lync or Skype for Business on Premise, Federation is needed. Please make sure that ‘Enablingchat.com and Enablingwebchat.com’ is added to your allowed domain list.
You must have admin permissions in Office 365 to do this.
2. In the Office 365 admin center, go to Admin Centers > Skype for Business
3. In the Skype for Business admin center, choose organization > external communications.
4. To set up communication with a specific business or with users in another domain, in the drop down box, choose On only for allowed domains.
OR, if you want to enable communication with everyone else in the world who has open Skype for Business policies, choose On except for blocked domains. This is the default setting.
5. Under blocked or allowed domains, choose + and add the name of the domain you want to allow. Enter Domains: enablingchat.com and enablingwebchat.com
6. Since Enabling Tech Corp is federated with Microsoft, we have open federation and therefore these settings will allow communication between our organization and yours.
7. For a list of all ports you need to open, see Skype for Business Online, in the article Office 365 URLs and IP address ranges.
8. WAIT UP TO 24 HOURS TO TEST. Any time you change the external communications settings, it can take up to 24 hours for the changes to populate across all the data centers.
***Note: If you are still not receiving presence after these steps, please allow 24 hrs for the Federation process to finish the update. Also make sure the the setting “I want everyone to see my presence” is set inside of the Skype client options: Options/Status/ Check (I want everyone to see my presence).